Deputy Chair of the Assembly
|Deputy Chair of the Assembly|
|Deputy Chair of the|
Assembly of the South Pacific
BlockBuster2K43 & Jebediah
since 25th May 2022 & 29th May 2022
|Assembly of the South Pacific|
Office of the Deputy Chair of the Assembly
|Style||Mr. Deputy Chair|
|Type||Deputy chairperson/Deputy Presiding officer|
|Member of||Assembly of the South Pacific|
|Reports to||Chair of the Assembly|
|Seat||Assembly of the South Pacific|
|Nominator||Chair of the Assembly|
|Appointer||Chair of the Assembly|
|Term length||At the pleasure of the Chair of the Assembly|
|Constituting instrument||Charter of the South Pacific|
|Formation||28th May 2016 (in current form)|
The Deputy Chair of the Assembly is the second-highest ranking official within the Assembly of the South Pacific. The Deputy Chair of the Assembly executes the functions that will assist in the day-to-day running of the Assembly, they are also responsible for helping the Chair of the Assembly with their tasks as the chair. In certain circumstances, the Deputy Chair of the Assembly may issue tasks and execute the functions of the Chair of the Assembly if the Chair is absent or away. If the Chair of the Assembly resigns of leaves their position as Chair of the Assembly, the Deputy Chair will assume the acting role of Chair of the Assembly until an election can be held.
The current Deputy Chair's are BlockBuster2K43 and Jebediah, BlockBuster2K43 assumed the office of Deputy Chair on the 25th May 2022, before shortly being followed by Jebediah on the 29th May 2022.
The Deputy Chair is nominated and appointed by the Chair of the Assembly. They serve at the pleasure of the Chair and they are able to be removed from their position at any time.
Roles, responsibilities & powers
The Deputy Chair of the Assembly's powers which can be exercised without the Chair's explicit prior approval (albeit with notification to the Chair) are,
- The opening and closing of votes within the Assembly of the South Pacific:
- - Generally including relevant sub-powers (such as slightly editing a bill to comply with formatting before bringing it to vote).
- - Sub-powers that need to be motioned (e.g. waive debate time, cancel voting) if informing the Chair beforehand.
- Approving Leaves of Absence's for Legislators within the South Pacific.
- Approving the requests of political parties to create sub-forums and petitions (With the notification and inforing the Chair beforehand.)
- Archiving inactive and unused discussion threads and polls.
- Fulfilling most writing based projects (RMB updates, Gazette, etc).